Monday, May 28, 2012

SHOCK absorption!!!

The good news is that I ran today. Not only did I run, but I ran 'about' 6.5 miles. The great news is that I did it in 'about' 50 minutes. I'm in SHOCK! The crazy part of it all is that this was only my 2nd run. Yeah, that whole 'challenge' of running as much as I could for as long as I could was a BUST, big time. My life mantra is "timing is everything, and there's no better time than the present"... Well, my present these past few weeks has been nothing shy of CHAOTIC! I'll spare you all the details of my so-called hectic life, and just leave it at, it just didn't happen... Til NOW!
Om my God, I feel great! Okay I might not be able to walk tomorrow, but right now I am floating on high. I can not believe that I was able to run (non-stop) over 6 miles. I can not believe I could run that far in 3 hrs, much less under 1 hr. I am so inspired. The best part is I was in complete control the whole time. I never 'lost my breathe' much less my focus and determination. I was rocking out to Florence and the Machine the whole time, sweating out all my anxiety from the weeks prior. It was incredible. I feel like I got a little taste of that 'runner's high' and saw a glimpse into why people get addicted to running. For the first time (ever in my life) I was running and felt strong, powerful, and confident; not like I was dragging sand bags uphill or simply like I was going to kiel over and die. I am so proud of myself, simply focusing on THIS run, and not the many I DIDN"T run. My new (much more realistic) goal is to run THIS WEEK on Wed, Fri, & Sun (the same route, if not farther). Let's just hope I can get out of bed tomorrow!

Gnite!


No comments:

Post a Comment