Wednesday, May 16, 2012

The 'Ahhh' in your Asana

Beck,

That's awesome! I love that you are saluting your miles; as well as continuing to work through those poses I showed you. 'They' say you are supposed to pick the 3 asanas you dislike the most (aka are the 'worst' at expressing) and practice them for 2-3 min's 2-3 times/day. I am NOT suggesting yet 'another' challenge, but emphasizing how important it is to sometimes DO the things we DISLIKE the most. Usually if you can just get 'in it' and breathe, you'll find yourself surrendering into the posture and eventually loving it. 'Ahhhhhh'!!!! The once dreaded posture then becomes your favorite!!!

Well, I haven't RUN since my last post... But plan to tomorrow. I am hoping that the dread I feel (right here, right now) will dissolve within the first 15 mins of my beach run tomorrow morning. All I know is that if I am asking my yoga students to surrender into unfamiliar and possibly uncomfortable asanas; I too must learn how to surrender into an unfavorable and at times unbearable run. A 'moving meditation' where I trust I can find that 'Ahhh' place in either letting-go or tapping into something greater.


No comments:

Post a Comment